Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Easy Peasy

I am finally starting to feel better after getting a steroid shot in the behind and a z-pack to fix my severe sinus infection and bronchial infection. I finally was able to make an actual meal for my family, but I chose an easy one.

What we had was Casa Ole Green Sauce and Mexican Chicken Doritos Casserole.
Now, I got some weird reactions when I mentioned I was putting Doritos in a Casserole. And I'll admit I was pretty concerned but this recipe that I found from Jam Hands was one of the easiest and tastiest things I have ever eaten. The only alteration I did to the recipe was added more cheese. It was so amazingly simple and DELICIOUS! Make it, you WON'T regret it!

I realize that a lot of people won't know what Casa Ole is, much less their green sauce. Casa Ole is a restaurant that is only in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana. It's a Tex Mex place that has some serious good food, but is rather commercial. Their Green Sauce has been a favorite of my family's for a long time and so I figured out how to recreate it. It's basically a creamy guacamole. Very simple, delicious and ADDICTING!


Kristin's version of Casa Ole Green Sauce
Ingredients:
  • 4 good size Avocados
  • 1 (16 oz.) container Sour Cream
  • 1 can Rotel tomatoes
  • 1 (4 oz.) can Green Chili Peppers
OR instead of 1 can Rotel and 1 can of Green chili peppers you can add just one can of HOT Rotel, works just the same. To make this more mild (it's not very spicy in the first place buttttt....) you can only use a half a container of the Green Chili Peppers
  • 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
  • 2 tsp. Salt
  • 1 tsp. Lemon juice
  • 3 oz. Cream Cheese
Put it all in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. You can serve it room temperature or cold.
Definitely one of the best dips you'll ever eat. If you make this, link me to it, I'd love to know what you thought about it. Enjoy!

&hearts Kristin



2 comments:

  1. My step mom makes this and its GOOOD. Not the greensauce but the dorito casserole..> she does it off mind, but i wanted a recipe. THANKS FOR SHARING. I will buy the stuff friday to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh i didnt see the word "chicken" she's never done that.. usually uses beef. I WILL DEF try out the chicken.

    ReplyDelete